Monday, August 22, 2016

Travel: Free & Easy 14 Days London & Netherland Itinerary (With Vlog)

Hi internet!
Last month I travelled to Europe (Netherlands and London) with Joewy and
it's a quite exciting and challenging vacation for us as it is all
FREE & EASY
but of course we did made our own itinerary before that!
I can't wait to share our experience and Itinerary with you guys!

Usually everyone travelled to Europe, they will eventually travel like 10+ countries nearby like
Paris, Belgium, Milan, Poland, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland etc.

But we both travelled to only 2 countries that is Netherland and England.
We made that decision is because we want to focus on these 2 countries,
rather than doing "countries hopping" and stay one night for each country. =.=|||
Most important is England & Netherland both can be communicate with ENGLISH!
Netherland and England is still consider "safer" to travelled for 2 girls traveller like us.

Here is my travel Vlog for the past 14 days we spent in Europe,
we really have fun and I am blessed that I have Joewy in my life as my best friend
and soul mate. This is not the first country we travelled together and this wont be the last too!

Hope you enjoy the video! =DDDD
(PS: JOEWY IS JUST  WAY TOOOO CUTE!)

I will list down some expenses (that I remembered) and some tips here so you guys can
estimate your budget for the trip!

1. Air Ticket

(Apx RM3500 return for Economy Class)

There are a few airline that you can consider if you are planning to travel to Europe countries.
This time we are flying with Emirates Airline and we are satisfied with the service!
It usually cost below RM4,000 return for Economy class for most of the airlines, if you have no worries on budget, I suggest you may consider business class for a comfortable journey for a
14 hours long haul flight.

2. Hotel

Amsterdam

Apx RM700/ night
(apx RM350/ person /night)

WHY STAYING AT PARK INN BY RADISSON AMSTERDAM
FREE SHUTTLE BUSSES FOR EVERY 30 MIN
Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel offers FREE Shuttle Bus
from the hotel to the airport DAILY so you eventually save a lot on transportation.
It takes around 15 min drive from the hotel to airport.

LOCATION
We choose staying here as it is a strategic location because we are planning to go
Utrecht & Rotterdam in Netherlands from Schiphol Airport.
It only takes less than one hour from Airport to either Rotterdam or Utrecht by train.

You may by the Travel Pass in Airport counter to for $25 (3 days) and you may enjoy
unlimited trips for all transportation in Amsterdam including the trains from airport.
The train from Airport to Amsterdam Centraal is apx 30 minutes.

ROOM
The room is very spacious and clean and comes with Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker, Fridge, TV,
Bath Tub, Safety Box, Huge mirror and a COMFY BED.

BREAKFAST
The breakfast is awesome!
More likely to western breakfast style that serve dutch pancakes too!
Beverage corners got everything you can name it,
Coffee and Tea (various flavors), milk, Hot Chocolate, Milk, Sparkling water and Juices.
The bread corner comes with assorted jams and CHOCOLATE SPREAD!!!!

For dessert they had YOGURT and Fresh FRUITS!!!

(if you had the same thing at one of the Amsterdam cafe or restaurant, it gonna be very pricey!)

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Lovely, helpful and friendly that they can ever be!
They made our check in quick and hassle-free!

3. POCKET WIFI
(RM28/day, can be shared up to 4 devices)

As usual, I am using VISONDATA pocket wifi for the whole trip.
I am using one device only although I am travelling to London and Netherland.
The speed is really fast and stable, I even can use it inside the train without any problem.
Pocket wifi meant so much to us because we are depending on Google Map to
find places and to check the time of the public transportation.
Thank god that they are stable and save us a lot of time.

4. CHECK THE SEASON
THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL
This time we are going on SUMMER! But Summer in Netherland and England is
still having a low temperature of 15 -21 celcius that you might need a jacket with you!
I find that it is great to travel during summer as you wont get sick easily and your luggage
is much more lighter without the bulky winter clothing!

For Summer, the day time start as early at 6AM and only get dark at 10:30PM.
They have a really LONG DAY and SHORT NIGHT during summer.

ITINERARY

DAY 1 -Plane day
Usually you will spent the whole day in the cabin.
Our Flight is 10:00AM depart from KL, 9:50PM reached AMSTERDAM.
Check in to Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel.Take a good rest.

DAY 2 /3 -Utrecht day
Tips: Utrecht is a small town. If you had a tight schedule, then 1 day is fine.
You can split it to 2 days because there is a few museums and  they are just within walking distance.  You may re-plan the time as this is just a reference. Advisable 2 days.

10AM Travelled to UTRECHT by train from Airport.
11:30AM Utretcht Market (only available on Saturday & Sunday)
12:30PM Museum Speelklok
01:30PM Canals of Utrecht
2:30PM Walk around the town
3:00PM Centraal Museum
4:00PM Railway Museum
6:00PM Dom Tower
7:00PM Utrecht Castle

DAY 3/4 -Rotterdam day
Tips: Rotterdam is like Utrecht, is a small town. If you had a tight schedule, then 1 day is fine. You can split it to 2 days because there is a some shopping complex, market place and museums.
You may re-plan the time as this is just a reference. Advisible 2 days.

DAY3:
10AM Travelled to Rotterdam by Train from Airport.
11:30AM Cube House
12:00PM Blaak Market
1:30PM Markthal
2:30PM: Markt Binnenrotte
5:00PM Erasmusbrug

DAY4:
11:00AM Centraal Station Rotterdam
11:30AM Binnenrotte Market
1:00PM Historical Delfshaven
3:00PM Laurenkerk
4:00PM Katendrecht (Chinatown)

DAY5/6/7- Amsterdam Day
Amsterdam is the the capital of Netherlands, however I still prefer Rotterdam & Utrecht.
Still a beauty for me though. =D
Reminder: Remember to purchase the 3 day pass in the airport for just
$25 to enjoy unlimited public transport in Amsterdam.

DAY5:
10:30AM Albert Cuyp (market)
11:30AM Dam Square
1:00PM Niewe Kerk and William of Orange
2:00PM Coster Diamonds
3:00PM Museumplein
6:00PM Albert Heijn (Bigest grocery store in Netherland)
We usually buy snacks and eat them at the hotel.

DAY 6:
10:30AM Sex Museum (Must Go! =DD )
1:00PM De Bijenkorf (Holland Largest Chain Shopping Mall)
3:00PM Madamn Tussauds Amsterdam
6:00PM Red light district
(is totally safe, but just don't simply take photos of the "girls" yar)

DAY 7:
10:30AM Rijksmuseum
(one of the biggest museum in Holland, outside the museum is the famous
"IAMSTERDAM" Blocks.)
2:00PM Van Gogh Museum
5:00PM Back to Amsterdam Centraal, take some photos of some church.
There are too many church by walking distance from Amsterdam Centraal.
7:00PM Dinner at Vapiano

(One of the famous Pasta Restaurant in Amsterdam)

***

There are 2 "IAMSTERDAM" Blocks in Amsterdam, one is at Rijksmuseum and
the another one is at Amsterdam Airport somewhere near the bus stop.
We take this around 9PM, we are lucky to get a photo with this without any strangers =DD
***

DAY 8/9/10/11/12/13- LONDON DAY
We decided to spent 6 days in London too as there are a lot to visit and great afternoon tea!
The Big Ben is incredibly stunning but the sea is muddy color that makes me slightly dissapointed.
But overall London is still great with lots of great Museums (and they are free admission)!

Oh yar, remember to get a visitor Oyster Card. I buy it online and courier it to Malaysia before
my departure to europe. If you are staying within Zone 1-Zone 2, maximum daily cap for all
public transport is just 6.50 pounds. This save you a lot of money on the transport.

You can get it here:

DAY 8:
Reached London at 2PM.
3:00PM Big Ben
4:00PM Houses of Parliament
5:00PM Westminister Bridge
6:00PM Westminister Abbey

DAY 9:
10:00AM Buckhingman Palace
11:00AM St James PArk
12:00PM Natural History Museum
3:00PM Science Museum
6:00PM Harrods (all branded stuff, really worth a visit)

DAY 10:
10:00AM ST Paul Catheral
11:00AM Tower of London
12:00 Tower Bridge
2:00PM Hype Park and Kensington Gardens
3:00PM Marble Arch
4:00PM Afternoon Tea at The Arch London
6:00PM Westfield (Shopping Mall)

DAY 11:
10:00AM: Trafaglar Square
11:00AM: National Gallery
3:00PM Royal Opera House
4:00PM Covent Garden Market
5:00PM Oxford Street and Oxford Circus
6:00 Picadilly Circus

DAY 12:
10:00AM: The British Museum
2:00PM: London Eye
3:00PM: Boxpark
5:00PM China Town
6:00PM Crab and Lobster (Must Eat Item in London)

DAY 13:
10:00AM: Shakespear Globe Theatre
1:00PM Madamn Tussauds London
3:00PM Royal Observatory
4:00 Greenwich Park
5:00PM Carnaby London
6:00PM M&M World

DAY 14: Goodbye
Flight day back to Malaysia!

Ahhh, that's all for the Europe trip, been sort this out for weeks as we did some
changes during our trip and we did changed some of the destination from the one
we planned. We hope we did help you out from your planning either to Netherlands
or to London! If I have to choose the favorite between this 2 countries, my choice is
Netherland! HAHAHA! I love tulips and flowers, Netherland is somewhere I really missed.

Thanks for reading and see you soon!
*muahhh*

5 comments:

1. Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on GFC?

Please leave a comment on our blog!

You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

we will follow you back! XOXO

Korean Fashion

ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am planning a family trip to Amsterdam and was wondering if you could share some info on budget? Just a rough estimate per person would do....

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Sorry for the late reply! I've overlook your comment!
      I spend around 8-10K (Netherland + UK) for around 14 days.
      Hope this helps!! If Netherland alone, I think 5-7 days is more than enough to cover.
      Remember visit these places, Rotterdam+Utrecht. There are more cities to explore, Amsterdam spare 2 days is enough. :)

Do let me know again if you have more question, I am happy to help!

3. Reading something so beautiful has a healing power for the soul.
    free walking tour stockholm